Baldwin, Maryland is a quaint community of homes located in Baltimore County. It is a predominantly residential area with plenty of unique houses and beautiful views of nature. Maintaining your Baldwin home may include a lot of cleaning and gardening, but appliance repairs and maintenance often slips homeowners’ minds. It is important to maintain your appliances and find top appliance repair services in the area. Landers Appliance has become the trusted company for appliance repairs in the Baldwin community!
Why Invest in an Expert for Appliance Repair Services?
The #1 way to avoid future appliance problems and catastrophes is easy… check on your appliances regularly and call a professional at the first sign of trouble! Appliances are like a human body. When there is something wrong, the entire body has to work harder to make up for the problem. This puts a lot of wear and tear on an appliance. Instead of facing an appliance replacement, keep up with your appliance repairs and avoid future hassle. Landers Appliance knows how to handle appliance repairs. Our team can determine what is wrong, give you options, and fix the problem in a timely, efficient manner. Your appliances take care of your home, so make sure you are taking care of them too!
Today’s high efficiency refrigerators definitely run a lot more than the older units in homes. People typically think that because the new unit is running 90% of the time that it is costing them more money to operate. But that isn’t necessarily true! New refrigerators use a modulating compressor. Even though the refrigerator is still running, it is doing so at a much lower power level. The compressor speed is regulated according to internal temperatures, which is based on a number of factors, including the amount of times the door is opened, the room temperature, the amount of food stored inside, and control temperature settings. In short, new refrigerators are less expensive to operate and more energy efficient… but sometimes struggle to last as long.
So what are some of the ways you can help your refrigerator when it isn’t working at tip top shape?
- If your refrigerator is not running or isn’t cold enough, turn the thermostat up to the next highest setting
- If it comes on, let it run for 24 hours and check temperatures to confirm it is working correctly.
- Don’t stuff your refrigerator full of food! The internal air needs to circulate in and around the individual food items.
- Clear/remove anything blocking the air flow around the outside of the refrigerator (on top, underneath, behind, beside, in front of, etc.). Allow 3″ of clearance all the way around if possible. If not possible make sure the lower grate at the bottom of the refrigerator is kept clean and clear of debris.
- If there are condenser coils on the rear of the box, make sure the box is several inches from the wall and nothing is on the top at the rear, blocking the heat from coming off the coils.
- If the condenser coils are underneath the refrigerator, clean the coils with a vacuum cleaner thoroughly at least 2 times a year.
- If the door is ticking or not closing properly, wipe off the face of the gasket with a wet rag and make sure the interior shelves, drawers, and food are not preventing the door from closing.
If a problem persists, or you have trouble with any of these tips, then you can rely on Landers Appliance to assist you and sort out the problem!