- Follow the proper loading procedure and machine operation.
- Do not over suds the machine. Follow the recommended detergent amounts found in the washers Use and Care Guide. DO NOT follow the directions on the soap bottles/boxes.
- Always follow the recommendations for adding the detergent to the wash load.
- Never overload the machine.
If the machine is a front loader or a high efficiency model you should be using HE detergent to maximize the washers effectiveness and prevent any soap residues from accumulating. Read the owners manual to determine the type of detergent that is recommended for your machine.
DON’T FOLLOW THE USAGE AMOUNT PER LOAD FOUND ON THE DETERGENT CONTAINER BECAUSE THEY USUALLY ENCOURAGE OVERSUDSING!! FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN YOUR USE AND CARE GUIDE!
Laundry detergents are designed for specific purposes. Liquid is better at removing household stains including grease and powders are better at removing dirt stains. As a general rule farmers and gardeners should use powder and domestic engineers should use liquid!
If the machine is dead:
- Make sure the lid / door is closing properly.
- Reset the circuit breaker.
- Make sure the timer / electronic control and all the selector controls are set properly.
- Make sure both water supply faucets are turned on.
If your HE (front or top load High Efficiency) machine is putting off an odor, use one Affresh tablet in a wash cycle per directions on the package. This product is specifically designed to remove odors and mildew and works exceptionally well.
WELL WATER! If you are on a well system or have high sediment content in your water, insert screened hose washers in the end of both washing machine fill hoses where they attach to the external supply faucets. These screens will prevent the washing machine fill valve from collecting the debris in its screens and clogging up causing slow fill times. You may have to replace these screens periodically. It is not recommended to try and clean the screens.
If these suggested tips do not solve the problem, call Landers Appliance at (410) 682-3232
for fast, dependable service.
More Safety Tips