Among the major household appliances in your kitchen, the dishwasher is handier than we often realize. After years of using it, it may be easy to forget how valuable it is to have that helping hand to sanitize your dishes and make them sparkling clean. There comes a time when that reality hits: when you need a new dishwasher. In 2021, new dishwasher features are hitting the markets that will be sure to amaze.
A Better Clean
If you thought your dishes couldn’t get any cleaner with your average 10-year-old appliance, think again! Dishwasher designers have thought of every detail to help make your cups, plates, bowls, and cutlery free from any hint of remaining dirt. Kenmore has come out with an array of features, including:
- Independent rotating spray arms to tackle hard-to-remove grime
- Ultrawash HE filter to catch food scraps from re-entering the zone
- Microclean filter that lowers energy consumption and cleaning time
- Zone booster to target specific areas with high pressure and a hotter wash
- Sanitizing Rinse Cycle for almost 100% bacteria-free dishes
Energy efficiency is always a priority. One clear goal of any machine is to perform its purpose using only the energy, time, and space necessary. Dishwashers are no exception, and Kenmore and KitchenAid have come out with two new technologies that put these kitchen appliances into the HE category.
- Smartwash HE Cycle by Kenmore automatically senses the load size in the dishwasher and adjusts the water level needed to perform the task sufficiently.
- AquaSense Recycling by KitchenAid saves extra water from the last cleaning cycle and uses it for the next. Don’t worry; the stored-up water is clean and the final rinse is with fresh water. Better yet, you’ll be saving on your water bill!
Customization involves integrating specific and adjustable tools in the design. Dishwashers today have a variety of customization options.
- Bottle jets are there specifically for you to place your bottle over for a thorough clean
- LED lights let you watch the dishes get clean
- Adjustable racks let you fit in your dishes of all sizes in for the most efficient use of space
- A third rack lets you store flat items like baking pans, platters, and serving utensils
Every appliance is getting smarter, including your dishwasher. Smart dishwashers are reasonably affordable, but still pose the risk of hacking if not secured properly. Nevertheless, some features to look forward to include:
- Control dishwasher start and stop times anywhere there’s an Internet connection
- Get an alert when the detergent or rinse aid run low
- Lock or unlock the dishwasher from your smartphone or laptop
- Download and apply specialized cleaning cycles
- Compatibility with Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant
Contact Landers Appliance Today!
We really care about our customers! Everyone at Landers Appliance is committed to providing you with Honest, Reasonable, and Reliable service in everything we do! We train our team to strive for excellence, performing to the highest professional standards. And if we ever fail to deliver on these promises, we’ll apologize and do our best to make it right.
We service the entire Greater Baltimore Area, including Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, and Howard Counties as well as Baltimore City. Call our office before 12:00 pm weekdays at 410-682-3232, or find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. “We’ll go out of our way to provide you with the best service you’ve ever received.”